Frequently Asked Questions
This page provides all information you need to know about our school:
* Our classes are in Hungarian and can only accommodate 10 people at the most. We limit the number of participants to ensure that everyone receives plenty of attention from the chef. We don’t expect anyone to be an expert cook and students of all levels are welcome. If you whish to join an English speaking class, please let us know as we will be happy to provide that on request.
* Classes must have at least 5 participants.
* At the end of each class (except the knife technique class) participants can taste the meals they have prepared.
* All necessary ingredients are provided by the school and their cost is included in the price.
* We pay extra attention to source only fresh produces from the local markets. Therefore, please allow us to make changes in the menu without prior notice when necessary.
* We kindly ask our participants to arrive 5 minutes earlier before the class starts.
* On demand we provide private cooking classes for companies (team building training), for families and friends.
* On request we also provide private cooking classes in Hungarian or in English.
* The expiry date of Makifood coupons and vouchers can be extended by paying an additional 25% surcharge of the original price. Please note that this is a one-time-only opportunity and the extension period is the same as the coupon's and voucher's original duration.
1138 Budapest, Madarász Viktor u. 47-49. (Aquamart Salon)
Please apply on our website under the Registration menu.
* We accept various forms of payment but the simplest way is by credit card through PayPal. Please note that you do not need to open a PayPal account to pay by credit card.
* If you whish to pay by cash you can do so at the "Yellow Zebra Bookstore" (look for Tünde Husanyica) - 1065 Budapest, Lázár street 16. The store is open from Monday to Sunday 09:30-19:00.
* Companies and private groups (with at least 5 participants) can pay by bank transfer.
* As soon as we receive the payment confirmation, we will send you all the details and information you need.
* Full payment is required to make a reservation.
* In the event that you need to cancel the class the following conditions apply:
- if you cancel more than 14 days prior to the class, we allow you one opportunity to reschedule the date of your class
- 14 days prior to the class, 50% of the fee is refundable or you can register to another class with 50% discount
- 7 days or less prior to the class, the fee is non-refundable but you may send someone else in your place.
* Any class can be transferred to a person of your choice at all times (friend, family member, etc.).
* In case of any changes, you will be notified as soon as possible.